Little Ducklings Pre-School
October News Letter
Hope you all had a lovely half term break.
We will be opening on Fridays from January 2016, if anyone would like a space please let us know as we have filled a couple of spaces already.
Remember library day is on a Wednesday, so please bring any books back on that day. We have bags for sale at £2.00 each if anyone would like to buy one.
Also a reminder, could you please close the gate when picking up and dropping off your child? We do check before children go outside, but it is just a double precaution to keep children safe. Thanks.
We are starting to build up preschool very well and numbers are rising which is thanks to yourselves and also the school and the staff’s hard work so thank you to you all.
As the weather is getting colder and wetter please can you supply wellies, gloves, hats and scarves etc. as we do like to get the children outside as much as we can.
We have had a delay in the building work. I have now got a start date which is February 2016, I was hoping for this year; it’s a big shame but at least the date has been set.
We will be doing reviews in four weeks’ time and will give you a sheet nearer to the time. We do have a lot coming up as Christmas is on the horizon. I have put some dates down, I hope this will help:
- 2nd November – welcome back – Letter W and Number 2.
- 9th November – Letter S and Number 4.
- 11th November – Poppy day. We will have a box with poppies and wrist bands etc. costing 50p to a £1.00, any contribution would be great.
- 13th November – Children in Need – Wear a colourful t-shirt and please bring some pennies.
- 16th November – Letter R and Number 6.
- 16th November – Parent review week.
- 19th November – School photos. You are more than welcome to get one done in the morning. I will ask the times when we can get them done and let you know near the time.
- 23rd November – Letter P and Number 8.
- 30th November – Letter A and Number 10.
- 2nd December – Christmas fair starts at 2pm.
- 7th December – Letter C and Number 12 plus lots of Christmas activities.
- 14th December – Letter B and Number 14.
- 16th December – Christmas Jumper Day – 50p donation please.
- 16th December – Christmas dinner – form will be given nearer the time.
- 17th December – Christmas party and disco. List with food will be out nearer the time to contribute to the party.
We are on the school website now so the newsletter will be on there as well from October. You will still receive a copy but if you would like to have a look and have any suggestions I would like to hear them so please join the Reedham school website from a parents point of view. Just type in Reedham Primary School and it will come up and you will see the link to the pre-school at the top.
Also if you think you are entitled to funding, or are not sure, please talk to me and I will give you the forms to look at; there is also the public premium form which I will go through at review time for any new parents.
We have now opened a “before” and “after” school club. It is going well and numbers are rising. If anyone is interested please let Ruth or Jane know.
Jane and Ruth and staff